LUX Lounge to Close for Good

 
So the news is coming fast now, following the temporary closure of LUX Lounge following the widely publicized shooting outside their business. Douglas Development at the behest of Rachelle Nigro, has terminated the nightclubs lease.
ANC 6E04 Commissioner Rachelle Nigro
Earlier today Rachelle Nigro ANC 6E04 Commissioner posted on her Facebook Page
Major Update on Lux Lounge!--Per my request Douglas Development has terminated Lux Lounge's lease. They will need to vacate the property by October 31st. I will post more once I hear about the ABRA decision.
I spoke earlier with Rachelle and she tells me that ;
"As Commissioner for the area my utmost concern is for the safety of my constituents and visitors to the neighborhood. I want to thank Douglas Development for responding quickly to the situation with Lux Lounge. "
MPD & ABRA posted notices state temporary closure, but with the loss of their lease the end looks more definitive.
Independent of the Lease situation with Douglas Development, Lux Lounge is now facing two separate investigations, one by MPD and the other from ABRA.  As stated above, the lease termination will take effect on October 31st, but should ABRA move to revoke or suspend the clubs liquor license an earlier closure would be likely.

UPDATE:


LUX Lounge is located at;
649 New York Ave NW Washington DC 20001

Comments